Thursday, July 23, 2009

A.W.O.L.

 
Bundesrepublik Deutschland (Germany)République française (France)United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (England)Danmark (Denmark)Repubblica Italiana (Italy)
I have alluded to a trip to Europe this summer. My boy Whogus celebrates his 50th birthday this August, and just like his 30th and 40th, he's throwing himself a three-day party at his family's summer cottage in Strib, on the island of Fyn in Denmark, the sight of some very festive soirées. I have every confidence the old boy will out do himself this time around. After all, he's not getting any younger, you know.
 
Since I'm going all that way, I've padded the travel budget a bit and extended the visit to three weeks. Based on the national flags above, see if you can work out my other destinations. (Hint: run your mouse over each image.) I'll be visiting old haunts and hopefully making wondrous new discoveries as well. All the while casting myself in the role of le pig de guinea gastronomique. I will have limited access to the double-u, double-u, double-u's; but will be taking copious notes and photographs cataloging what went into my stomach, and how it got there. I'll stop in an Intertube cafe as often as possible with brief updates. Real blogging, however, will have to wait until my return mid-August.
 
U.S Passport cover
 
Until then, my gentle readers, I thank you for checking out this here blog thingy. You can rest easy knowing that my extended absence is for epicurean research only, and not for anything as frivolous as fun.
 
 
Hasta pronto - Blog O. Food
 
 

2 comments:

Jeff (UK) said...

OK, Ok, quit gabbing and get on the plane! Plan is London Wed-Thurs; Borough Food market Friday morning, pick up car and Oxfordshire for a bit of sightseeing and food, food, food. The degustation menu, lots of wine, and bed at my friend Judith's (they will actually drive us to her place so we can get totally food and wine coma'd. Don't dilly dally.

xo lp said...

have a fantastic trip, travel safely!!!! xoxo